We currently run culture groups across all Syndicates, providing opportunities for students to learn about the cultures that make up our diverse school community.
Celebration of Culture
We celebrate and learn about all the cultures within our school. We especially love celebrating language weeks and encourage our students to wear their traditional dress to our Friday Assemblies during their language week.
Students are given a wide range of opportunities that are designed to foster their academic interests. We currently offer enrichment through the following activities:
- classroom programmes that are designed to meet the individual learning needs of every student, both extending and challenging them
- computer coding groups, ranging from Scratch to Beebots
- ICAS, international testing of achievement relating to specific academic areas
- speech competitions
- clubs in the Middle Syndicate where students select a club that matches their learning interest
- construction club for Juniors, exploring design and building challenges
Sports & Physical Education
At St. Leonards Road School we value developing the whole child, spirit, mind and body. Our children enjoy being active and we strive to provide them with a wide array of sporting opportunities. Children all participate in a classroom programme of physical education which includes, swimming, athletics, gymnastics and ball skills. There are also opportunities for students to participate in sporting events, competing against other schools in our area and across Auckland.
Students have a wide range of performance opportunities at St. Leonards Road School. In addition to our culture groups, we have choirs, ukulele and recorder groups. On a 3 year rotation we run a talent quest, art exhibition and production/variety show.